Spectral Weight Transfer and Mass Renormalization in Correlated d-Electron Systems
Effects of electron correlation on the photoemission spectra of 3d transition-metal compounds are viewed as the self-energy correction to the Hartree-Fock or local-density approximation. On the metallic side of the Mott transition, as one approaches the transition in Ti and V oxides, gradual transfer of spectral weight occurs from the coherent to the incoherent part of the spectral function, i.e., from the quasi-particle bands to the Hubbard bands; significant non-local contribution to the self-energy is found and discussed in relation to the mass enhancement towards the Mott transition. On the insulating side of the transition, the band edges of a Mott insulator NiS and of a Kondo insulator FeSi are found to be considerably narrowed due to correlation effects.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Mizokawa, A. Fujimori: in these Proceedings; submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- D. Dessau, Z.-X. Shen, D.M. King, D.S. Marshall, L.W. Lombardo, P.H. Dickinson, J. DiCarlo, C.-H. Park, A.G. Loeser, A. Kapitulnik, W.E. Spicer: Phys. Rev. Lett. 71, 2781 (1993); R.O. Anderson, R. Ciaessen, J.W. Allen, C.G. Olson, C. Janouritz, L.Z. Liu, J.-H. Park, M.B. Maple, Y. Daliachaouch, M.C. de Andrade, R.F. Jardin, E.A. Early, S.-J. Oh, W.P. Ellis: Phys. Rev. Lett. 70, 3163 (1993).CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- T. Mizokawa, unpublished.Google Scholar
- K. Morikawa, T. Mizokawa, A. Fujimori, F. Iga, Y. Nishihara: to be submitted.Google Scholar
- I.H. Inoue, I. Hase, Y. Aiura, A. Fujimori, Y. Haruyama, T. Maruyama, Y. Nishihara: submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- W.F. Brinkman, T.M. Rice: Phys. Rev. B 2, 4302 (1970).Google Scholar
- K. Morikawa, K. Kobayashi, A. Fujimori, M. Onoda: to be submitted.Google Scholar
- N. Furukawa, M. Imada: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 62, 2257 (1993).Google Scholar
- K. Morikawa, T. Mizokawa, A. Fujimori, Y. Taguchi, Y. Tokura: to be submitted.Google Scholar
- G. Aeppli, Z. Fisk: Comments Condens. Matter Phys. 16, 155 (1992).Google Scholar
- T. Saitoh, A. Sekiyama, T. Mizokawa, A. Fujimori, K. Ito, H. Nakamura, M. Shiga: submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar
- C.-H. Park, Z.-X. Shen, A.G. Loeser, D.S. Dessau, D.G. Mandrus, A. Migliori, J. Sarrao, Z. Fisk: submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett.Google Scholar