New RBF Collocation Methods and Kernel RBF with Applications
A few novel radial basis function (RBF) discretization schemes for partial differential equations are developed in this study. For boundary-type methods, we derive the indirect and direct symmetric boundary knot methods. Based on the multiple reciprocity principle, the boundary particle method is introduced for general inhomogeneous problems without using inner nodes. For domain-type schemes, by using the Green integral we develop a novel Hermite RBF scheme called the modified Kansa method, which significantly reduces calculation errors at close-to-boundary nodes. To avoid Gibbs phenomenon, we present the least square RBF collocation scheme. Finally, five types of the kernel RBF are also briefly presented.
KeywordsRadial Basis Function Kernel Radial Basis Function Move Less Square Meshfree Method Radial Basis Function Interpolation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Buhmann, M. D. (2000) Radial basis functions. Acta Numerica. 1–38.Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, W., Tanaka, M. (2000) Relationship between boundary integral equation and radial basis function. The 52th Symposium of JSCME on BEM (Tanaka, M. ed.), Tokyo.Google Scholar
- 5.Fasshauer, G. E. (1996) Solving partial differential equations by collocation with radial basis functions. Proc. of Chamonix. (Mehaute, A., Rabut, C, Schu-maker, L. ed.), 1–8.Google Scholar
- 6.Wu, Z. (1998) Solving PDE with radial basis functions and the error estimation. Adv. Comput. Math. Lectures in Pure & Applied Mathematics, 202 (Chen, Z. Li, Y., Micchelli, C. A., Xu, Y., Dekkon M. ed.).Google Scholar
- 7.Golberg, M.A., Chen, C.S. (1998) The method of fundamental solutions for potential, Helmholtz and diffusion problems. Boundary Integral Methods – Numerical and Mathematical Aspects (Golberg M.A. ed.), 103–176, Comput. Mech. Publ. UK.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, W. (2001) Direct linearization method for nonlinear PDE’s and the related kernel RBFs. http://xxx.Ianl.gov/abs/math.NA/0110005. CoRR preprint.Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, W. (2001) Several new domain-type and boundary-type numerical discretization schemes with radial basis function. CoRR preprint, http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/cs.CC/0104018/abs/cs.CC/0104018.
- 10.Chen, W. (2001) RBF-based meshless boundary knot method and boundary particle method. Proc. of China Congress on Computational Mechanics ’2001, Guangzhou, China.Google Scholar
- 12.Chen, W. (2001) Boundary knot method for Laplace and biharmonic problems, Proc. of the 14th Nordic Seminar on Comput. Mech. 117–120, Lund, Sweden.Google Scholar
- 15.Fedoseyev, A.L., Friedman, M.J., Kansa, E.J. (2001) Improved multiquadratic method for elliptic partial differential equations via PDE collocation on the boundary. Comput. Math. Appl. (in press).Google Scholar
- 17.Westphal Jr. T., de Barchellos, C. S. (1996) On general fundamental solutions of some linear elliptic differential operators. Engng. Anal. Boundary Elements, 17, 279–285.Google Scholar
- 19.Chen, W. (20001) New RBF collocation schemes and their applications. Int. Workshop for Meshfree Methods for PDE’s, Bonn, Germany. CoRR preprint, http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/math.NA/0111220.Google Scholar