Exploiting Linked Data in Financial Engineering
In this paper, we report on a recent initiative that exploiting Linked Data for financial data integration. Financial data present high heterogeneity. Linked Data helps to reveal the true data semantics and “hidden” connection, upon which meaningful mappings can be constructed. The work reported in this paper has been well-accepted at several public events and conferences, including the 26th XBRL conference, involving the realisation of the XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) prototype called HIKAKU, which means “comparison” in Japanese. It demonstrates our approach to exploit the power of Linked Data in enhancing flexibility for data integration in the financial domain.
KeywordsFinancial Engineering Financial Reporting XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) Governmental Data Linked Data Data driven platform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bennett, M.: Fibo: Best practice in big data. Journal of Banking Regulation (3-4), 255–268 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Burdick, D., Hernández, M.A., Ho, H., Koutrika, G., Krishnamurthy, R., Popa, L., Stanoi, I., Vaithyanathan, S., Das, S.R.: Extracting, linking and integrating data from public sources: A financial case study. IEEE Data Eng. Bull. 34(3), 60–67 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Florian, B., Martin, K.: Linked Open Data: The Essentials - A Quick Start Guide for Decision Makers. edition mono/monochrom, Vienna, Austria (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.García, R., Gil, R.: Triplificating and linking xbrl financial data. In: Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Semantic Systems, pp. 3:1–3:8. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Omberg, T., Sakr, S., Sethi, S., Murrell, B., Popken, A.: Key factors shaping financial reporting: The decade ahead. Deloitte (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.O’Riain, S., Harth, A., Curry, E.: Linked Data Driven Information Systems as an Enabler for Integrating Financial Data. In: Yap, A. (ed.) Information Systems for Global Financial Markets: Emerging Developments and Effects, ch. 10, pp. 239–270. IGI Global (2012)Google Scholar