Considerations Regarding the Creation of a Post-graduate Master’s Degree in Free Software
Free software has gained importance over the last few years, and can be found in almost any sphere in which ‘software processes’ are important. However, even when universities and higher education establishments include subjects concerning free programming and technologies in their curriculums, their graduates tend to attain limited technological, organisational and philosophical knowledge that limits them as regards their participation in, management and development of free software projects. This gap in skills and knowledge has recently led to a series of post-graduate studies whose objective is to offer students the possibility of acquiring competencies that will allow them to become experts in free software. This paper presents a study concerning the offers for post-graduate studies in free software that currently exist, with the intention of creating similar post-graduate studies in Ecuador.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alves, A., Stefanuto, G., Castro, P., Pessôa, M.: Brazilian public software and quality, pp. 413–415 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Bouras, C., Filopoulos, A., Kokkinos, V., Michalopoulos, S., Papadopoulos, D., Tseliou, G.: Guidelines for the procurement of free and open source software in public administrations, pp. 29–36 (2012), cited By (since 1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Haick, B., Klautau, A.: Free software tools for IT management and processes organization, vol. 1, pp. 219–223 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Honda, M., Kobayashi, M., Nagumo, M., Kawakatsu, Y.: Android software platform development at fujitsu. Fujitsu Scient. and Tech. J. 49(2), 238–244 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Montes-León, S.R.: Propuesta para la creación de un máster en software libre en la escuela politécnica del ejército extensin latacunga en ecuador. Trabajo fin de máster, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, España (Septiembre 2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Space, C.: Perfiles de capacidades profesionales genéricas de las tic. Centro Europeo para el desarrollo de la formación profesional (Junio 2001)Google Scholar
- 10.von Wangenheim, C.G., Hauck, J.C.R., Salviano, C.F., von Wangenheim, A.: Systematic literature review of software process capability/maturity models. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Software Process Improvement and Capabity Determination (SPICE), Pisa, Italy (2010)Google Scholar