Improving Mozilla’s In-App Payment Platform
Nowadays, an in-app payment mechanism is offered in most existing mobile payment solutions. However, current solutions are not flexible and impose certain restrictions: users are limited to predefined payment options and merchants need to adapt their payment mechanisms to each payment provider they use. Ideally mobile payments should be as flexible as possible to be able to target various markets together with users’ spending habits. Mozilla wants to promote an open approach in mobile payments by offering a flexible, easily accessible solution. This solution is analyzed, its shortcomings and possible improvements are discussed leading to an original proposal.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Copeland, R.: Telco App Stores – friend or foe? In: IEEE 14th International Conference on Intelligence in Next Generation Networks (ICIN 2010), Berlin, Germany, October 11-14 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Marketplace/Marketplace_Payments (accessed November 27, 2013)
- 3.https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/04/introducing-navigator-mozpay-for-web-payments/ (accessed November 28, 2013)
- 4.https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS (accessed November 29, 2013)
- 5.Janczukowicz, E.: Firefox OS Overview. Telecom Bretagne Research Report RR-2013-04-RSM (November 2013) Google Scholar
- 6.https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/WebPayment (accessed November 28, 2013)
- 7.https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/WebPaymentProvider (accessed November 28, 2013)
- 8.https://groups.google.com/forum/#msg/mozilla.dev.webapi/cyk8Nz4I-f4/5er6JojC3TsJ (accessed November 13, 2013)