Multi-objective Optimization Model for Supplier Selection Problem in Fuzzy Environment
Supplier selection decisions are typically multi-objectives in nature and it is an important component of production and logistics management for many firms. The present study mainly investigate a multi-objective supplier selection planing problem in fuzzy environment and the uncertain model is converted into deterministic form by the expected value measure (EVM). This paper aims at multi-objective optimization for minimizing cost and maximizing product quality level. For solving the multi-objective problem a weighted sum base genetic algorithm is applied and the best solution is provided using fuzzy simulation. Finally, a numerical example is used to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed model and solution approach.
KeywordsMultiobjective model Supplier selection Supply chain Fuzzy simulation Genetic algorithm
The authors wish to thank the anonymous referees for their helpful and constructive comments and suggestions. The work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 71301109), the Western and Frontier Region Project of Humanity and Social Sciences Research, Ministry of Education of China (No. 13XJC630018), the Philosophy and Social Sciences Planning Project of Sichuan province (NO. SC12BJ05), and the Initial Funding for Young Teachers of Sichuan University (No. 2013SCU11014).
- 2.Kaslnqam R, Glee CP (2006) Selection of vendors-a mixed-integer programming approach. Comput Ind Eng 31(1):347–350Google Scholar
- 11.Amid A, Ghodsypour SH, Brien OC (2006) Fuzzy multiobjective linear model for supplier selection in a supply chain. Int J Prod Econ 104:394–407Google Scholar
- 13.Jafar R, Songhori M, Mohammad K (2009) Fuzzy group decision making/fuzzy linear programming (FGDMLP) framework for supplier selection and order allocation. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 105:150–159Google Scholar
- 15.Feng D, Chen L, Jiang M (2005) Vendor selection in supply chain system: an approach using fuzzy decision and AHP. In: International conference on services systems and services Management Beijing, China, pp 721–725Google Scholar
- 17.Liou JJH, Chuang CY, Tzeng HG (2013) A fuzzy integrad-based model for supplier evaluation and improvement. Inf Sci. doi: 10.1016/j.ins.2013.09.025
- 19.Xu JP, Zhou XY (2011) Fuzzy like multi objective decision making. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 20.Dubois D, Prade H (1994) Possibility theory: an approach to computerized processing of uncertainty. Plenum Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar