Ball Distance Estimation and Tracking System of Humanoid Soccer Robot
Modern Humanoid Soccer Robots in uncontrolled environments need to be based on vision and versatile. This paper propose a method for object measurement and ball tracking method using Kalman Filter for Humanoid Soccer, because the ability to accurately track a ball is one of the important features for processing high-definition image. A color-based object detection is used for detecting a ball while PID controller is used for controlling pan tilt camera system. We also modify the robots controller CM-510 in order able to communicate efficiently using main controller. The proposed method is able to determine and estimate the position of a ball and kick the ball correctly with the success percentage greater than 90%. We evaluate and present the performance of the system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ha, I., Tamura, Y., Asama, H., Han, J., Hong, D.W.: Development of open humanoid platform darwin-op. In: 2011 Proceedings of SICE Annual Conference (SICE), pp. 2178–2181. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Martín, F., Aguero, C., Cañas, J.M., Perdices, E.: Humanoid soccer player design (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Blanes, F.: Embedded distributed vision system for humanoid soccer robot. Journal of Physical Agents 5(1), 55–62 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Gouaillier, D., Hugel, V., Blazevic, P., Kilner, C., Monceaux, J., Lafourcade, P., Marnier, B., Serre, J., Maisonnier, B.: Mechatronic design of nao humanoid. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA 2009, pp. 769–774. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Hardkernel: Odroid X2, http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G135235611947 (accessed: September 30, 2013)
- 8.Lanius, P.: Bioloidccontrol, http://code.google.com/p/bioloidccontrol/ (accessed: September 30, 2013)
- 9.Robotis: RoboPlus, http://support.robotis.com/en/ (accessed: September 30, 2013)
- 10.Robotis: CM-510 controller, http://support.robotis.com/en/ (accessed: September 30, 2013)
- 11.Robotis: Dynamixel AX-12A robot actuator, http://www.robotis.com/xe/dynamixel_en (accessed: September 30, 2013)
- 12.Maggi, A., Guseo, T., Wegher, F., Pagello, E., Menegatti, E.: A light software architecture for a humanoid soccer robot. In: Workshop on Humanoid Soccer Robots of the IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids 2006), Genoa, Italy (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Ghanai, M., Chafaa, K.: Kalman filter in control and modeling (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Hitec: HS-85BB Premium Micro Servo, http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos/micro-and-mini-servos/analog-micro-and-mini-servos/hs-85bb-premium-micro-servo/product (accessed: September 30, 2013)