VeriMAP: A Tool for Verifying Programs through Transformations
- 1.7k Downloads
We present VeriMAP, a tool for the verification of C programs based on the transformation of constraint logic programs, also called constrained Horn clauses. VeriMAP makes use of Constraint Logic Programming (CLP) as a metalanguage for representing: (i) the operational semantics of the C language, (ii) the program, and (iii) the property to be verified. Satisfiability preserving transformations of the CLP representations are then applied for generating verification conditions and checking their satisfiability. VeriMAP has an interface with various solvers for reasoning about constraints that express the properties of the data (in particular, integers and arrays). Experimental results show that VeriMAP is competitive with respect to state-of-the-art tools for program verification.
- 3.De Angelis, E., Fioravanti, F., Pettorossi, A., Proietti, M.: Verification of imperative programs by constraint logic program transformation. In: SAIRP 2013, Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 129, pp. 186–210 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.De Angelis, E., Fioravanti, F., Pettorossi, A., Proietti, M.: Verifying Programs via Iterated Specialization. In: PEPM 2013, pp. 43–52. ACM (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Grebenshchikov, S., Lopes, N.P., Popeea, C., Rybalchenko, A.: Synthesizing software verifiers from proof rules. In: PLDI 2012, pp. 405–416. ACM (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.The MAP system, http://www.iasi.cnr.it/~proietti/system.html
- 15.McMillan, K.L., Rybalchenko, A.: Solving constrained Horn clauses using interpolation. MSR Technical Report 2013-6, Microsoft Report (2013)Google Scholar