Photogrammetric Analysis of Images Acquired by an UAV
Processing of aerial imagery is a broadly topic discussed nowadays. An Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) developed in our laboratory was used as experimental platform for the present research. An analysis of the possible application of SURF feature-based algorithm to match outdoor images is introduced. Experimental data comprise selected images taken from different heights (100 and 150 m), different lighting conditions, different pitch, roll and yaw angles, among others effects. The obtained results are validated by using low cost equipment and a low quality video sequence.
Keywordskeypoints detectors local descriptors mapping aerial photography Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Consentino, F.: Development of an integral system for aero photogrammetric flight planning, data acquisition and imagery ortho-mosaicking. In: AeroDreams UAV, Buenos Aires, Argentina (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Ladd, G., Magchaudhuri, A., Earl, T., Bland, G., Mitra, M.: Rectification, georeferencing, and mosaicking of images acquired with remotely operated aerial platforms. In: Proceedings of Annual Conference of American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Reno, Nevada (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Lopez, F.: Formacion de mosaicos ortorectificados utilizando imagenes aereas digitales. Ph.D. thesis, Dissertation thesis in Geography, UNAM, pp. 1-103 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Matas, J., Chum, O., Martin, U., Pajdla, T.: Robust wide baseline stereo from maximally stable extremal regions. In: Proceedings of British Machine Vision Conference, London, pp. 384–393.Google Scholar
- 6.Pesti, P., Elson, J., Howell, J., Steedly, D., Uyttendaele, M.: Low-cost orthographic imagery. In: Proceedings of the 16th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems, GIS 2008, pp. 24:1–24:8 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Yahyanejad, S., Wischounig Strucl, D., Quaritsch, M., Rinner, B.: Incremental mosaicking of images from autonomous, small-scale uavs. In: 7th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal-Based Surveillance (AVSS 2010), pp. 329–336 (2010)Google Scholar