Tracking Control of an Unmanned Surface Vehicle
Nowaday, unmanned surface vehicle (USV) has been a special attention for marine research and surveying exploration in costal area. This paper describes an analysis about architecture and control system of a USV disposed with three fixed thrusters. Therefore, hardware and software architectures of control system will be mentioned and functions of all parts are clarified. A strategy design for tracking waypoints is presented. And this algorithm will be checked by simulation and experiments.
KeywordsUnmanned Surface Vehicle Waypoints Tracking Dynamic Positioning Extended Kalman Filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Roberts, G., Sutton, R.: Advances in Unmanned Marine Vehicle. Institution of Engineering and Technology (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Manley, J.E.: Unmanned Surface Vehicles, 15 Years of Development. In: Proc. Oceans 2008 MTSIIEEE Quebec Conf. and Exhibition (Ocean 2008), pp. 1–4. IEEE Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Ferreira, H., Martins, R., Marques, E., Pinto, J., Martins, A.O., Almeida, J.M., Sousa, J.B., Silva, E.P.: Swordfish: An Autonomous Surface Vehicle for Network Centric Operations. In: Proceedings of the Oceans Europe 2007 Conference. IEEE OES, Aberdeen (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Pereda, F.J., de Marina, H.G., Jiménez, J.F., Giron-Sierra, J.M.: A Development Project of Autonomous Marine Surface Vehicles for Sea Demining. In: Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision Conference, December 7-10. IEEE, Singapore (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Fossen, T.I.: Guidance and Control of Ocean Vehicles. John Wiley & Sons Ltd. (1994)Google Scholar
- 7.Skjetne, R., Smogeli, Ø.N., Fossen, T.: A Nonlinear Ship Maneuvering Model: Identification and adaptive control with experiments for a model ship. Modeling, Identification and Control 25(1), 3–27Google Scholar
- 8.Titterton, D.H., Weston, J.L.: Strapdown inertial navigation technology, 2nd edn. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (2004)Google Scholar