Curvelet Transform and Local Texture Based Image Forgery Detection
In this paper, image forgery detection method based on the curvelet transform and local binary pattern (LBP) is proposed. First, a color image is converted into the chrominance space. Then, the curvelet transform is applied to the chrominance component to decompose it into several scale and orientation wedges. The LBP normalized histogram is calculated from each of the wedges. The final feature vector is obtained by fusing all the histograms. The proposed method is evaluated on three image forgery datasets and compared with some state of the art methods. Experimental results demonstrate the superiority of the proposed method over the compared methods. The detection accuracy of the proposed method is 93.4% 97.0 % and 94.2% on the CASIA TIDE v1.0, CASIA TIDE v2.0 and Columbia color databases, respectively.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fridrich, J., Soukal, D., Lukas, J.: Detection of Copy-Move Forgery in Digital Images. In: Proceedings of Digital Forensic Research Workshop (August 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, G., Wu, Q., Tu, D., Sun, S.: A Sorted Neighborhood Approach for Detecting Duplicated Regions in Image Forgeries based on DWT and SVD. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, ICME 2007, Beijing, pp. 1750–1753 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Ng, T.T., Chang, S.F.: A dataset of authentic and spliced image blocks. Technical Report 203-2004, Columbia University (2004), http://www.ee.columbia.edu/ln/dvmm/downloads/
- 8.Dong, J., Wang, W.: CASIA tampered image detection evaluation (TIDE) database, v1.0 and v2.0 (2011), http://forensics.idealtest.org/
- 9.Ng, T.T., Chang, S.F., Sun, Q.: Blind detection of photomontage using higher order statistics. In: IEEE Intl. Symposium Circuits and Systems, ISCAS, pp. 688–691 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Hsu, Y.F., Chang, S.F.: Detecting image splicing using geometry invariants and camera characteristics consistency. In: IEEE ICME 2006, pp. 549–552 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Shi, Y.Q., Chen, C., Chen, W.: A natural image model approach to splicing detection. In: ACM Multimedia & Security, MM&S 2007, pp. 51–62 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.He, Z., Lu, W., Sun, W., Huang, J.: Digital image splicing detection based on Markov features in DCT and DWT domain. Pattern Recognition (2012), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2012.05.014
- 13.Wang, W., Dong, J., Tan, T.: Image tampering detection based on stationary distribution of Markov chain. In: IEEE Intl. Conference on Image Processing, ICIP 2010, pp. 2101–2104 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhao, X., Li, S., Wang, S., Li, J., Yang, K.: Optimal chroma-like channel design for passive image splicing detection. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing (2012), doi:10.1186/1687-6180-2012-240 Google Scholar
- 19.Chang, C.C., Lin, C.J.: LIBSVM - a library for support vector machine (2010), http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm