A High Performance and Bandwidth Efficient IDMA Scheme with Large Receiver MIMO Technologies
Interleave Division Multiple access (IDMA) is a new multiple access scheme, and Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) is an emerging technology in the wireless broadband communications. In this paper, we investigate the performance of the IDMA scheme with Large Receiver MIMO (LR-MIMO) with different antenna configurations for the multiuser detection. The bit error rate (BER) performance of the proposed system is analyzed for different channel conditions. Numerical results show that the LR-MIMO-IDMA scheme provides superior performance with the aid of MIMO detection techniques over frequency selective fading channel. Also, this scheme further enhances bandwidth efficiency by reducing the repetition length of the IDMA scheme.
KeywordsIDMA Interleaver MMIMO Multiple detection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lee, J.S., Miller, L.E.: CDMA system engineering handbook. Artech House Publishers, Boston (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Ping, L., Liu, L., Wu, K.Y., Leung, W.K.: A simple approach to near-optimal multiuser detection: interleave-division multiple-access. In: Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 1, pp. 391–396. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Yu, Q., Lambotharan, S.: Iterative (Turbo) Estimation and Detection Techniques for Frequency Selective Channels with Multiple Frequency Offsets in MIMO System. In: IEEE 65th Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 2015–2018. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Vakilian, V., Frigon, J., Roy, S.: Performance Evaluation of Reconfigurable MIMO Systems in Spatially Correlated Frequency-Selective Fading Channels. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Technical Report of RF Channel Characterization and System Deployment Modeling JTC(AIR) (1994)Google Scholar