Model Transformation for Cyber Physical Systems
Cyber Physical Systems(CPS) are composed with discrete and continuous dynamics. Traditional modeling techniques can’t implement the requirement of modeling CPS. One way of solving this is to model CPS parts with different techniques and translate them into a uniform model. The approach of integrating Modelica with AADL is a suitable choice. AADL is a modeling language aimed at modeling the system architecture and check the consistency in discrete time. Modelica has emerged as a standard for modeling the dynamics of cyber physical system and verify the discrete events with differential algebraic equation systems. Combining the descriptive feature of AADL models and the equation-based power of Modelica forms a more powerful way of Modeling CPS. The model transformation from AADL to Modelica provides an efficient way to unify the CPS model that helps to verify the properties of the whole model.
Keywordsmodel transformation AADL Modelica Cyber Physical Systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rajkumar, R.R., et al.: Cyber-physical systems: the next computing revolution. In: Proceedings of the 47th Design Automation Conference. ACM (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Baheti, R., Gill, H.: Cyber-physical systems. The Impact of Control Technology, 161–166 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Broy, M.: Challenges in modeling cy ber-physical systems. In: IPSN 2013, pp. 5–6 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Feiler, P.H., Gluch, D.P., Hudak, J.J.: The architecture analysis & design language (AADL): An introduction. No.CMU/SEI-2006-TN-011, Carnegie-Mellon Univ. Pittsburgh Pa Software Engineering Inst. (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Fritzson, P., Engelson, V.: Modelica—A unified object-oriented language for system modeling and simulation. In: Jul, E. (ed.) ECOOP 1998. LNCS, vol. 1445, pp. 67–90. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Feiler, P.H., Lewis, B.A., Vestal, S.: The SAE Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL) a standard for engineering performance critical systems. In: Computer Aided Control System Design, 2006 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control. IEEE (2006) Google Scholar
- 8.Modelica Association. Modelica: A Unified Object- Oriented Language for Physical Systems Modeling: Language Specification Version 3.0 (September 2007), http://www.modelica.org
- 9.Modelica - a unified object-oriented language for physical systems modelling. Language specification. Technical report, Modelica Association (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Fritzson, P.: Principles of object-oriented modeling and simulation with Modelica 2.1. Wiley. com (2010)Google Scholar