RFID-Based Traffic Signs Recognition System
This paper presents the concept of a traffic sign recognition system based on RFID. Two computer programs are developed. The first allows the encoding of RFID tags, the second one reads the signs and displays them on the screen in such way that the driver had knowledge of the most important traffic signs, under which he or she is. In order to prove proper operation of the model, it was prepared in a micro scale. This solution was compared with other similar and the authors show differences.
Keywordstraffic sign recognition RFID
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sato, Y., Makane, K.: Development and Evaluation of In-Vechicle Signing System Utilizing RFID Tags as Digital Traffic Signals. Int. J. ITS Res. 4, 53–58 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Bhuptani, M., Moradpour, S.: RFID Field Guide: Deploying Radio Frequency Identification Systems. Book (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Brown, D.: RFID Implementation. Book (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Shepard, S.: RFID: Radio Frequency Identification. McGraw-Hill Networking Professional (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.http://www.alexan-tech.com (date of access July 26, 2013)
- 6.http://www.rfidbr.com.br (date of access July 26, 2013)
- 7.http://www.netronix.pl (date of access July 26, 2013)