TripleCheckMate: A Tool for Crowdsourcing the Quality Assessment of Linked Data
Linked Open Data (LOD) comprises of an unprecedented volume of structured datasets on the Web. However, these datasets are of varying quality ranging from extensively curated datasets to crowdsourced and even extracted data of relatively low quality. We present a methodology for assessing the quality of linked data resources, which comprises of a manual and a semi-automatic process. In this paper we focus on the manual process where the first phase includes the detection of common quality problems and their representation in a quality problem taxonomy. The second phase comprises of the evaluation of a large number of individual resources, according to the quality problem taxonomy via crowdsourcing. This process is implemented by the tool TripleCheckMate wherein a user assesses an individual resource and evaluates each fact for correctness. This paper focuses on describing the methodology, quality taxonomy and the tools’ system architecture, user perspective and extensibility.
KeywordsData Quality Linked Data DBpedia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Juran, J.: The Quality Control Handbook. McGraw-Hill, New York (1974)Google Scholar
- 2.Knuth, M., Hercher, J., Sack, H.: Collaboratively patching linked data. CoRR (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Lehmann, J., Isele, R., Jakob, M., Jentzsch, A., Kontokostas, D., Mendes, P.N., Hellmann, S., Morsey, M., van Kleef, P., Auer, S., Bizer, C.: Dbpedia - a large-scale, multilingual knowledge base extracted from wikipedia. Semantic Web Journal (under review, 2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Zaveri, A., Kontokostas, D., Sherif, M.A., Bühmann, L., Morsey, M., Auer, S., Lehmann, J.: User-driven quality evaluation of dbpedia. To Appear in Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Semantic Systems, I-SEMANTICS 2013, Graz, Austria, September 4-6. ACM (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Zaveri, A., Rula, A., Maurino, A., Pietrobon, R., Lehmann, J., Auer, S.: Quality assessment methodologies for linked open data (under review), http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/content/quality-assessment-methodologies-linked-open-data