Methods Enabling Web-Based Learning of Control Algorithm Implementation Using Experimental Pilot-Plants
The paper presents an overview of methods of providing an effective web-based education in the field of automatic control. To facilitate education in process dynamics and basic control problems, methods for web-based access to process simulators and controllers coupled with process simulators are discussed. Teaching the specifics of real processes is especially important, hence methods allowing a safe and appropriately abstracted access to real processes are discussed. Additionally, cooperation between students for control algorithms synthesis in web-based environment is discussed along with visualization methods.
Keywordsweb-based learning automatic control IEC 61499 cooperation visualization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Vlădoiu, M.: State-of-the-Art in Open Courseware InitiativesWorldwide. Informatics in Education 10, 271–294 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Travis, J., Kring, J.: Labview for Everyone: Graphical Programming Made Easy and Fun. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Henze, M., Harremoës, P., Jansen, J.l.C., Arvin, E.: Wastewater Treatment – Biological and Chemical Processes. Springer, Berlin (1995)Google Scholar
- 7.Baeza, J.A., Gabriel, D., Lafuente, J.: In-line fast OUR (oxygen uptake rate) measurements for monitoring and control of WWTP. Water Science and Technology 45(4–5), 19–28 (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.IEC, Geneva. IEC 61131-3 Programmable controllers – Part 3: Programming languages (1993) Google Scholar
- 11.IEC, Geneva. IEC 61499-1: Function Blocks – Part 1 Architecture (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Nocoń, W., Polaków, G.: Object-oriented framework for cooperative testing of control algorithms for experimental pilot-plants. In: Luo, Y. (ed.) CDVE 2013. LNCS, vol. 8091, pp. 197–204. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar