Object-Oriented Framework for Cooperative Testing of Control Algorithms for Experimental Pilot-Plants
In this paper a framework for cooperative testing, implementation and learning of control algorithms for the purpose of controlling experimental pilot-plants is presented. It is based on the principles stated in the IEC61499 standard. The proposed framework enables modification of the control algorithm structure without rewriting the main software component executed on the programmable automation controller (PAC). Functions realized by particular blocks may be changed dynamically during the runtime. The framework is implemented in LabVIEW enabling implementation of algorithms containing advanced analysis functions and complex control algorithms by multiple users, providing an effective practical group support system.
Keywordscollaborative learning control algorithms OOP multiuser software
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sharma, K.L.S.: Overview of Industrial Process Automation. Elsevier (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Finger, S., Gelman, D., Fay, A., Szczerban, M.: Assessing Collaborative Learning in Engineering Design. International Journal of Engineering Education 22, 637–644 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Metzger, M. (ed.): Activity Report 2007-2009, Institute of Automatic Control. Wydawnictwo Politechniki Śląskiej, Gliwice (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.IEC, Geneva. IEC 61131-3 Programmable controllers – Part 3: Programming languages (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.IEC, Geneva. IEC 61499-1: Function Blocks – Part 1 Architecture (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Travis, J., Kring, J.: Labview for Everyone: Graphical Programming Made Easy and Fun. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2006)Google Scholar