Overview of INEX 2013
INEX investigates focused retrieval from structured documents by providing large test collections of structured documents, uniform evaluation measures, and a forum for organizations to compare their results. This paper reports on the INEX 2013 evaluation campaign, which consisted of four activities addressing three themes: searching professional and user generated data (Social Book Search track); searching structured or semantic data (Linked Data track); and focused retrieval (Snippet Retrieval and Tweet Contextualization tracks). INEX 2013 was an exciting year for INEX in which we consolidated the collaboration with (other activities in) CLEF and for the second time ran our workshop as part of the CLEF labs in order to facilitate knowledge transfer between the evaluation forums. This paper gives an overview of all the INEX 2013 tracks, their aims and task, the built test-collections, and gives an initial analysis of the results.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amer-Yahia, S., Lalmas, M.: XML search: languages, INEX and scoring. SIGMOD Record 35 (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Bellot, P., Moriceau, V., Mothe, J., Sanjuan, E., Tannier, X.: Overview of the INEX 2013 tweet contextualization track. In: CLEF 2013 Evaluation Labs and Workshop, Online Working Notes (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Doucet, A., Kazai, G., Colutto, S., Muehlberger, G.: Overview of the ICDAR 2013 Competition on Book Structure Extraction. In: Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR 2013), Washington, USA (September 2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Gurajada, S., Kamps, J., Mishra, A., Schenkel, R., Theobald, M., Wang, Q.: Overview of the INEX 2013 linked data track. In: CLEF 2013 Evaluation Labs and Workshop, Online Working Notes (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Koolen, M., Kamps, J., Kazai, G.: Social Book Search: The Impact of Professional and User-Generated Content on Book Suggestions. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2012). ACM (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Koolen, M., Kazai, G., Preminger, M., Doucet, A.: Overview of the INEX 2013 social book search track. In: CLEF 2013 Evaluation Labs and Workshop, Online Working Notes (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Trappett, M., Geva, S., Trotman, A., Scholer, F., Sanderson, M.: Overview of the INEX 2013 snippet retrieval track. In: CLEF 2013 Evaluation Labs and Workshop, Online Working Notes (2013)Google Scholar