With Real-Time Performance Analysis and Monitoring to Timing Predictable Use of Multi-core Architectures
With future societies and individuals possibly becoming more and more dependent on highly capable (control) systems, the ability to carry out precise system analysis and to enforce the expected behaviour of systems at run-time, i. e., during their operation, could become an irrevocable requirement. -Who would accept that a computer takes full or partial control over one’s car without believing that the system is always reacting as expected?- Correctness of system designs and their implementations is only one aspect. The other major aspect is the capability to build cost-effective systems. Advances in (consumer) electronics have brought about multi-cored micro-controllers equipped with considerably large memory. This will stimulate the building of embedded (control) systems where multiple applications can be integrated into a single controller and thereby effectively lower the per unit costs of a system as a whole.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alur, R., Dill, D.L.: Automata For Modeling Real-Time Systems. In: Paterson, M. (ed.) Proc. of the 17th International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP 1990). LNCS, vol. 443, pp. 322–335. Springer, Heidelberg (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Lampka, K., Huang, K., Chen, J.-J.: Dynamic counters and the efficient and effective online power management of embedded real-time systems. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis, CODES+ISSS 2011, pp. 267–276. ACM, Taipei (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Lampka, K., Perathoner, S., Thiele, L.: Component-based system design: analytic real-time interfaces for state-based component implementations. In: International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer, pp. 1–16 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Neukirchner, M., Lampka, K., Quinton, S., Ernst, R.: Multi-mode monitoring for mixed-criticality real-time systems. Accepted at CODES/ISS (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Thiele, L., Chakraborty, S., Naedele, M.: Real-time calculus for scheduling hard real-time systems. In: Proc. Intl. Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 4, pp. 101–104 (2000)Google Scholar