Improving Angular Speed Uniformity by C1 Piecewise Reparameterization
We show how to compute a C 1 piecewise-rational reparameterization that closely approximates to the arc-angle parameterization of any plane curve by C 1 piecewise Möbius transformation. By making use of the information provided by the first derivative of the angular speed function, the unit interval is partitioned such that the obtained reparameterization has high uniformity and continuous angular speed. An iteration process is used to refine the interval partition. Experimental results are presented to show the performance of the proposed method and the geometric behavior of the computed reparameterizations.
KeywordsParametric plane curve angular speed uniformity C1 piecewise Möbius transformation monotonic behavior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Famous curves index (2005), http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Curves/Curves.html
- 7.Gil, J., Keren, D.: New approach to the arc length parameterization problem. In: Straßer, W. (ed.) Proceedings of the 13th Spring Conference on Computer Graphics, Budmerice, Slovakia, June 5–8, pp. 27–34. Comenius University, Slovakia (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.Liang, X., Zhang, C., Zhong, L., Liu, Y.: C 1 continuous rational re-parameterization using monotonic parametric speed partition. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer-Aided Design and Computer Graphics, Hong Kong, China, December 7–10, pp. 16–21. IEEE Computer Society, Hong Kong (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Patterson, R., Bajaj, C.: Curvature adjusted parameterization of curves. Computer Science Technical Report CSD-TR-907, Paper 773, Purdue University, USA (1989)Google Scholar
- 15.Walter, M., Fournier, A.: Approximate arc length parameterization. In: Velho, L., Albuquerque, A., Lotufo, R. (eds.) Proceedings of the 9th Brazilian Symposiun on Computer Graphics and Image Processing, Fortaleza-CE, Brazil, October 29–November 1, pp. 143–150. Caxambu, SBC/UFMG (1996)Google Scholar
- 16.Wang, D. (ed.): Selected Lectures in Symbolic Computation. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar