Experiment with Evaluation of Quality of the Synthetic Speech by the GMM Classifier
- 2k Downloads
This paper describes our experiment with using the Gaussian mixture models (GMM) for evaluation of the speech quality produced by different methods of speech synthesis and parameterization. In addition, the paper analyzes and compares influence of different types of features and different number of mixtures used for GMM evaluation. Finally, the GMM evaluation scores are compared with the results obtained by the conventional listening tests based on the mean opinion score (MOS) evaluations. Results of evaluations obtained by these two ways are in correspondence.
KeywordsGMM classifier spectral and prosodic features of speech synthetic speech evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Audibert, N., Vincent, D., Aubergé, V., Rosec, O.: Evaluation of Expresive Speech Resynthesis. In: Proceedings of LREC 2006 Workshop on Emotional Corpora, Gènes, pp. 37–40 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Vích, R., Nouza, J., Vondra, M.: Automatic Speech Recognition Used for Intelligibility Assessment of Text-to-Speech Systems. In: Esposito, A., Bourbakis, N.G., Avouris, N., Hatzilygeroudis, I. (eds.) HH and HM Interaction. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 5042, pp. 136–148. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Hosseinzadeh, D., Krishnan, S.: On the Use of Complementary Spectral Features for Speaker Recognition. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing 2008, Article ID 258184, 10 pages (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Vích, R.: Cepstral Speech Model, Padé Approximation, Excitation, and Gain Matching in Cepstral Speech Synthesis. In: Proceedings of the 15th Biennial EURASIP Conference Biosignal 2000, Brno, Czech Republic, pp. 77–82 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Madlová, A.: Autoregressive and Cepstral Parametrization in Harmonic Speech Modelling. Journal of Electrical Engineering 53, 46–49 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Bishop, C.M., Nabney, I.T.: NETLAB Online Reference Documentation (accessed February 16, 2012), http://www.fizyka.umk.pl/netlab/