Hidden Champions of the Republic of Macedonia
- 748 Downloads
- Official name:
Republic of Macedonia
- Type of government:
Parliamentary Democratic Republic
- Population in 2011:
- Land area:
After the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the present-day Republic of Macedonia becomes part of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes.
The kingdom becomes known as Yugoslavia.
The present-day Republic of Macedonia is occupied by Nazi Germany, Bulgaria and Italy during World War II.
At the end of the war, the present-day Republic of Macedonia becomes a constituent republic of socialist Yugoslavia.
The Republic of Macedonia held a referendum at which 95.26 % voted for independence from Yugoslavia.
The Republic of Macedonia joins the International Monetary Fund.
The Republic of Macedonia joins the United Nations.
(Spring) Insurgency in the Republic of Macedonia
(August) Ohrid Framework Agreement signed. The conflict ends.
The Republic of Macedonia officially becomes...
KeywordsNiche Market Business Success Sale Revenue Market Leadership Balkan Country
- CIA. (2011). World Fact Book - Macedonia. Retrieved August 11, 2011, from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mk.html
- Invest in Macedonia. (2011). Small and medium-size enterprises in Macedonia. Retrieved August 5, 2011, from http://www.investinmacedonia.com/
- NBRM. (2011). Foreign trade. Retrieved August 10, 2011, from http://www.nbrm.mk/?ItemID=EA9313A61C028F44B00B681EF302F59D
- Schwab, K. (2010). The Global Competitiveness Report 2010–2011. World Economic Forum.Google Scholar
- US Department of State. (2011). Background note Macedonia. Retrieved August 10, 2011, from http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/26759.htm
- World Bank. (2011). Macedonia country brief. Retrieved August 11, 2011, from http://www.worldbank.org/en/country/macedonia
- World Bank. (2013). Data; countries and economies. http://data.worldbank.org/country