Users Requirements in Audiovisual Search: A Quantitative Approach
This paper reports on the results of a quantitative analysis of user requirements for audiovisual search that allow the categorisation of requirements and to compare requirements across user groups. The categorisation provides clear directions with respect to the prioritisation of system features from the perspective of the development of systems for specific, single user groups and systems that have a more general target user group.
KeywordsUser Group Concept Mapping Digital Library User Requirement Mobile Learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cunningham, S.J., Nichols, D.M.: How people find videos. In: JCDL, pp. 201–210 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Huurnink, B.: Search in Audiovisual Broadcast Archives. PhD thesis, University of Amsterdam (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Kane, M., Trochim, W.: Concept Mapping for Planning and Evaluation. Sage Publication, Thousand Oaks (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Kleppe, M., Kemman, M., Beunders, H.: User Requirements Report V1. In EU Project No. 269980 AXES (2011), http://www.axes-project.eu/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/AXES-D1.2.pdf
- 7.Kruskal, J.B., Wish, M.: Multidimensional Scaling. Sage University Paper Series on Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences, vol. 31. Sage Publications (1978)Google Scholar
- 10.Nadeem, D., Stoyanov, S., Koper, R.: Using concept mapping for needs analysis for a social support system in learning network. iJIM 5(1), 41–46 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Trochim, W.: An introduction to concept mapping for planning and evaluation. In: Trochim, W. (ed.) A Special Issue of Evaluation and Program Planning, vol. 12, pp. 1–16 (1989)Google Scholar