Grammatical Evolution Algorithm for Position Prediction of the Ball in Robot-Soccer Goal Keeper Optimization
Position prediction of the ball that approaches to the goal is necessary for a goalkeeper robot. In this paper, grammatical evolution is used for prediction. Grammatical evolution will be tested on grammar with linear characteristic. Data used in this research was taken from the Y-axis coordinate of the Ball and divide into 3 Home area. The research focuses on two conditions of the ball: straight movement and bouncing off the wall. From the results of this study, it was obtained three functions which can be used to predict position of the ball in goal area. The smallest mean of fitness value is 1.24729 for straight movement and 2.64366 for bouncing off the wall conditions.
KeywordsGrammatical evolution position prediction robot soccer goalkeeper
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.FIRA MiroSot Game Rules, http://www.fira.net
- 2.Robot Soccer: YSR-A System Manual. Yujin Robotics, Co., Ltd., Korea (2003) Google Scholar
- 3.Brownlee, J.: Clever Algorithms: Natural –Inspired Programming Recipes (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.O’Neill, M., Ryan, C.: Under the Hood of Grammatical Evolution. In: Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.O’Neill, M., Ryan, C.: Grammatical Evolution: Evolutionary Automatic Programming an Arbitrary Language. Springer (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Ryan, C., Majeed, H., O’Neill, M.: Grammatical evolution tutorial. Gecco (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.David, R., White, G.E.: Evolving programs in an arbitrary language (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Kim, J.H., Kim, Y.J., Kim, D.H., Seow, K.T.: Soccer Robotics. STAR, vol. 11. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Kim, J.H.: Lecturer Notes on Soccer Robotics. In: ASEAN Technology Network for Multi-robot Cooperation System Development. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul (2003)Google Scholar