MANU Building – Bringing together Manufacturing Automation and Building Automation
Up to now, production systems only concern was to minimize production costs or optimize the utilization of production resources. But with the increasing energy prices and the growing concern over the environmental impact of production systems (industrial systems consume a quarter of all energy), efficient use of energy in manufacturing environment cannot be ignored any longer.
MANUbuilding concept brings together manufacturing systems requirements with building automaton concerns over the efficient energy use.
- 1.Singhal, A., Saxena, R.P.: Software models for Smart Grid. In: 2012 International Workshop on Software Engineering for the Smart Grid, SE4SG, June 3, pp. 42–45 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.DongLi, J., XiaoLi, M., XiaoHui, S.: Study on technology system of self-healing control in smart distribution grid. In: 2011 International Advanced Power System Automation and Protection, APAP (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Cf. The quest for the ideal office control system. Lighting Figures vol. 3(3), Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechinic Institute, Troy, NY (1998); Conference on, October 16-20, vol. 1, pp. 26–30 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Marron, P.J., Minder, D.: European Research on Cooperating Objects. In: 6th Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks Workshops, SECON Workshops 2009, June 22-26, pp. 1–3 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Treytl, A., Spenger, W., Riaz, B.: A secure agent platform for active RFID. In: IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, ETFA 2008, September 15-18, pp. 492–495 (2008)Google Scholar