A Visualization Approach for Difference Analysis of Process Models and Instance Traffic
Organizations are often confronted with the task to identify differences and commonalities between process models but also between the instance traffic that presents how instances have progressed through the model. The use cases range from comparison of process variants in order to identify redundancies and inconsistencies between them to the analysis of instance traffic for the (re)design of models. Visualizations can support users in their analysis tasks, e.g., to see if and how the models and their instance traffic have changed. In this paper we present a visualization approach to highlight the differences and commonalities between two models and – if available – their instance traffic.
KeywordsVisualization Control Flow Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Andrews, K., Wohlfahrt, M., Wurzinger, G.: Visual graph comparison. In: Proc. of the 13th Int. Conf. Information Visualisation, pp. 62–67. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Archambault, D.: Structural differences between two graphs through hierarchies. In: Proc. of Graphics Interface, pp. 87–94. GI, Canadian Information Processing Society (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Delugach, A., de Moor, H.: Difference graphs. In: Meersman, R., Tari, Z. (eds.) Proc. of Common Semantics for Sharing Knowledge: Contributions to the 13th Int. Conf. on Conceptual Structures, pp. 41–53. ICCS (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.de Moor, H., Delugach, A.: Software process validation: comparing process and practice models. In: Proc. of the 11th Int. Workshop on Exploring Modeling Methods for Systems Analysis and Design (EMMSAD 2006) held in conjunction with the 18th Conf. on Advanced Information Systems (CAiSE 2006), pp. 533–540 (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Ohst, D., Welle, M., Kelter, U.: Differences between versions of UML diagrams. In: Proc. of the 9th European Software Engineering Conf. held jointly with 11th ACM SIGSOFT Int. Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering, ESEC/FSE, pp. 227–236. ACM Press (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Treude, C., Berlik, S., Wenzel, S., Kelter, U.: Difference computation of large models. In: Proc. of the the 6th Joint meeting of the European Software Engineering Conf. and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering, ESEC-FSE, pp. 295–304. ACM Press (2007)Google Scholar