An Empirical Evaluation of Geometric Subjective Logic Operators
Computational trust mechanisms aim to produce a trust rating from both direct and indirect information about agents behaviour. Jøsang’s Subjective Logic has been widely adopted as the core of such systems via its fusion and discount operators. Recently we proposed an operator for discounting opinions based on geometrical properties, and, continuing this line of investigation, this paper describes a new geometry based fusion operator. We evaluate this fusion operator together with our geometric discount operator in the context of a trust system, and show that our operators outperform those originally described by Jøsang. A core advantage of our work is that these operators can be used without modifying the remainder of the trust and reputation system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Haghpanah, Y., des Jardins, M.: Prep: a probabilistic reputation model for biased societies. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, AAMAS 2012, vol. 1, pp. 315–322 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Burnett, C., Oren, N.: Sub-delegation and trust. In: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, AAMAS 2012, vol. 3, pp. 1359–1360 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Cerutti, F., Toniolo, A., Oren, N., Norman, T.J.: Context-dependent trust decisions with subjective logic. Technical Report ABDN–CS–2013–05–01, Department of Computing Science, University of Aberdeen (May 2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Castelfranchi, C., Falcone, R.: Trust theory: A socio-cognitive and computational model. Wiley Series in Agent Technology (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Urbano, J., Rocha, A., Oliveira, E.: A socio-cognitive perspective of trust. In: Ossowski, S. (ed.) Agreement Technologies. Law, Governance and Technology Series, vol. 8, pp. 419–429. Springer Netherlands (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Shafer, G.: A Mathematical Theory of Evidence. Princeton University Press (1976)Google Scholar
- 15.McAnally, D., Jøsang, A.: Addition and subtraction of beliefs. In: Proceedings of the Conference on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems, IPMU 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 16.Ismail, R., Jøsang, A.: The beta reputation system. In: Prooceedings of BLED 2002 (2002)Google Scholar