On the Capacity of a PPM UWB Multiple-Access System with a Single User Noncoherent Reception
We consider an uncoordinated multiple-access system that employs a modulation technique, in which the probability of suppressing the signal sent by a certain user can be considered negligible, to transmit information via a wireless channel (e.g. time hopping (TH) with pulse position modulation (PPM)).This channel can be considered as an A channel (channel without intensity information) . For this channel a new method of transmission is proposed. The expression for the capacity of a multiple access system employing the proposed transmission method (for the single user reception case) is obtained. Both non-asymptotic and asymptotic formulas are derived and asymptotic behavior of the capacity (for the single user reception case) is studied.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chang, S.-C., Wolf, J.: On the t-User m-Frequency Noiseless Multiple-Access Channel with and without Intensity Information. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 41–48 (January 1981)Google Scholar
- 2.Tsang, T., El-Gamal, M.: Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Communications Systems: An Overview. In: 3rd International IEEE-NEWCAS Conference, pp. 381–386 (June 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Witrisal, K., Leus, G., Janssen, G., Pausini, M., Troesch, F., Zasowski, T., Romme, J.: Noncoherent Ultra-Wideband Systems. IEEE Signal Processessing Magazine, 48–66 (July 2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Wilhelmsson, L., Zigangirov, K.Sh.: On the Asymptotic Capacity of a Multiple-Access Channel. Problems of Information Transmission, 12–20 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Bassalygo, L.A., Pinsker, M.S.: Evaluation of the Asymptotics of the Summarized Capacity of an m-Frequency t-User Noiseless Multiple-Access Channel. Problems of Information Transmission, 3–9 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Han Vinck, A., Keuning, K.: On the Capacity of the Asynchronous t-User m-Frequency Noiseless Multiple-Access Channel without Intensity Information. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 2235–2238 (November 1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Zigangirov, K.Sh: Theory of Code Division Multiple Access Communication. IEEE Press (2004)Google Scholar