Multi Back-Ends for a Model Library Abstraction Layer
Software development is moving in the direction of modeling as do quite a lot of other IT related tasks. This means, models become more and more important either as a means of communication or as parts of realizations. Unfortunately, these models are rarely reused which might be due to poor tool support.
A model recommender system is one possible way out, but it bases on high quality data which is most likely stored in a database and needs to blend into an environment. Hence, approaching model recommendations in a model driven way and generating the underlying data store which makes do with an existing infrastructure is desirable. In this paper we describe the underlying model and the obstacles we had to overcome to make this approach work for relational and non relational databases.
KeywordsModel Library Multi Database Model Reuse Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) Model Recommender
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Lucrdio, D., de M. Fortes, R., Whittle, J.: MOOGLE: a metamodel-based model search engine. Software and Systems Modeling 11, 183–208 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Koegel, M., Helming, J.: EMFStore: A model repository for EMF models. In: ACM/IEEE 32nd International Conference on Software Engineering (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Altmanninger, K., Kusel, A., Retschitzegger, W., Seidl, M., Wimmer, M.: AMOR Towards Adaptable Model Versioning (2008), http://www.modelversioning.org
- 7.Kappel, G., G.K.: ModelCVS - A Semantic Infrastructure for Model-based Tool Integration. Technical Report, Johannes Kepler University of Linz and Vienna University of Technology. (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Uni-Leipzig: Eclipse Model Repository., http://modelrepository.sourceforge.net/
- 9.Tinkerpop: Blueprints API (2013), https://github.com/tinkerpop/blueprints/
- 10.Hillairet, G.: Blueprints EMF (2013), https://github.com/ghillairet/blueprints-emf
- 11.Steinberg, D., Budinsky, F., Paternostro, M., Merks, E.: EMF: Eclipse Modeling Framework 2.0, 2nd edn. Addison-Wesley Professional (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Jo4neo: Jo4neo (2009), http://code.google.com/p/jo4neo/
- 14.Neo Technology: Neo4J (2013), http://neo4j.org/
- 15.OX:OX (May 2009), http://ox.gluu.org/doku.php
- 16.OASIS: Oasis members collaborate on ’dataweb’ standard for exchange of machine-readable information (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.Ganser, A., Lichter, H.: Engineering model recommender foundations - from class completion to model recommendations. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development, Modelsward 2013. SCITEPRESS (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.Tinkerpop: Rexster (2013), https://github.com/tinkerpop/rexster
- 20.Martin, J.: Managing the data-base environment. Prentice-Hall (1983)Google Scholar
- 21.Ganser, A.: Reusing Domain Engineered Artifacts for Code Generation, https://www2.swc.rwth-aachen.de/?p=35