Preliminary Design of a Network Protocol Learning Tool Based on the Comprehension of High School Students: Design by an Empirical Study Using a Simple Mind Map
The purpose of this study is to develop a learning tool for high school students studying the scientific aspects of information and communication networks. More specifically, we focus on the basic principles of network protocols as the aim to develop our learning tool. Our tool gives students hands-on experience to help understand the basic principles of network protocols.
KeywordsLearning Tool High School Student Empirical Comprehension Mind Map Network Protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wing, J.M.: Computational Thinking: What and Why? Link Magazine, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~CompThink/papers/TheLinkWing.pdf (accessed April 09, 2013)
- 3.Phillips, P.: Computational Thinking. A Problem-Solving Tool for Every Classroom, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~CompThink/resources/ct_pat_phillips.ppt (accessed April 09, 2013)
- 5.Yadav, A., Zhou, M., Mayfield, C., Hambrusch, S., Korb, J.T.: Introducing computational thinking in education courses. In: Proc. of the 42nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, pp. 465–470 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT): Government guidelines for elementary school education, ch. 1, General Provisions, http://www.mext.go.jp/component/a_menu/education/micro_detail/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2011/04/11/1261037_1.pdf (accessed April 09, 2013)
- 7.MEXT: Government guidelines for junior high school education, Section 8 Technology and Home Economics, http://www.mext.go.jp/component/a_menu/education/micro_detail/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2011/04/11/1298356_9.pdf (accessed April 09, 2013)
- 8.MEXT: High School Subject names in government guidelines for high school education, http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/shotou/new-cs/youryou/eiyaku/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2011/04/11/1298353_0.pdf (accessed April 09, 2013)
- 9.Buzan, T., Buzan, B.: The Mind Map Book: Radiant Thinking - Major Evolution in Human Thought. BBC Books (1993)Google Scholar
- 10.Arduino, http://www.arduino.cc/ (accessed April 09, 2013)