System Development of Immersive Technology Theatre in Museum
Varieties of museum theatres include historical characters, puppetry, movement, music, etc. Visitors can experience the storyline of knowledge about history, science and technology in the theatre which creates immersive environment and engages experiences, such as those in performance, games and simulation. With this kind of experience, knowledge learning in museums becomes more effective and interesting. In addition, it requires multiple disciplines to accomplish the multi-sensory experience provided in the theatre environment. This article focuses on the design process and the system development of the Immersive Theatre in a systematical method. There are three phases in the process: Design, Configuration Negotiation, and Implementation.
Keywordsimmersive technology museum theatre Configuration negotiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Darroch, M.: Intermedial Theatre:±Technology (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Government, T.C.: Pavilion of Dreams, http://www.dreams21.tw/
- 5.Chen, Y.-C., et al.: Modeling and experimental verification on directivity of an electret cell array loudspeaker. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Government, T.C.: Discovery Center of Taipei, http://www.discovery.taipei.gov.tw/web/index.html
- 8.Wikipedia. Angle of view, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_view
- 9.INFO, A. Viewing Angle, http://www.bnoack.com/index.html?http&&&www.bnoack.com/audio/thx.html
- 10.THX, THX Certified Cinema Screen PlacementGoogle Scholar