The Building as the Interface: Architectural Design for Education in Virtual Worlds
This paper focuses on architectural spatial design for virtual tridimensional learning environments through the lens of a case study. The work describes the design methodology of a flexible and interactive set of virtual constructions where the architecture itself acts as a dynamic interface whose spaces adapt to the activities that avatars carry out in their interior, sometimes interacting with them. This approach considers the multiple innovative parameters that have to be taken into account in the process of cyberarchitectural design.
KeywordsMetaverses Virtual Worlds Cyberarchitecture V-Learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kzero Worldswide Consulting Co: Radar chart for Q1-2012 (First Quarter 2013), http://www.kzero.co.uk/blog/slideshare-presentation-q1-2013-radar-chart/ (retrieved February 2013)
- 2.Merrick, K., Gu, N., Wang, X.: Case studies using multiuser virtual worlds as an innovative platform for collaborative design. Journal of Information Technology in Construction (ITcon) 16, 165–188 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Hernández Ibañez, L., Barneche Naya, V.: Cyberarchitecture: A Vitruvian approach. In: Proceedings of 2012 International Conference on Cyberworlds, Germany, pp. 283–289 (2012), doi:10.1109/CW.2012.48 ISBN: 978-0-7695-4814-2/12Google Scholar
- 5.Hernández Ibáñez, L., Taibo, J., Seoane, A., Jaspe, A.: Perception in Architectural Visualization through Immersive Virtual Reality. In: EGA Revista Expresión Gráfica Arquitectónica, vol. 18, pp. 252–261 (2011) ISSN: 1133-6137Google Scholar
- 6.Architectural 3D Award site at CGarchitect.com. (retrieved February 2013), http://3dawards.cgarchitect.com