Integrating Multiple Viewpoints for Articulated Scene Model Aquisition
In this paper we present a method to generate an Articulated Scene Model for a system’s current view, which allows to integrate multiple egocentric models previously gathered from different viewpoints. The approach is designed to build up separate representations for the static, movable and dynamic parts of an observed scene. In order to make already gathered information available for subsequent viewpoints of the same location, a merging algorithm is needed that considers view-dependent aspects like occlusion and limitations of the view frustum. We show in our experiments that the proposed algorithm correctly merges multiple scene models and can be applied profitably in an integrated vision system for detecting movable objects on a mobile robot.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beuter, N., Swadzba, A., Kummert, F., Wachsmuth, S.: Using articulated scene models for dynamic 3d scene analysis in vista spaces. 3D Research 1 (September 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Nüchter, A., Hertzberg, J.: Towards semantic maps for mobile robots 56, 915–926 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Sanders, B., Nelson, R., Sukthankar, R.: A theory of the quasi-static world. In: Proceedings of the 16th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition, vol. 3, pp. 1–6 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Sheikh, Y., Javed, O., Kanade, T.: Background subtraction for freely moving cameras. In: 2009 IEEE 12th Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, September 29-October 2, pp. 1219–1225 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Siepmann, F., Ziegler, L., Kortkamp, M., Wachsmuth, S.: Deploying a modeling framework for reusable robot behavior to enable informed strategies for domestic service robots. Robotics and Autonomous Systems (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Steder, B., Grisetti, G., Van Loock, M., Burgard, W.: Robust on-line model-based object detection from range images. In: IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS 2009, pp. 4739–4744 (October 2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Sturm, J., Konolige, K., Stachniss, C., Burgard, W.: Vision-based detection for learning articulation models of cabinet doors and drawers in household environments. In: 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 362–368 (May 2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Swadzba, A., Beuter, N., Wachsmuth, S., Kummert, F.: Dynamic 3d scene analysis for acquiring articulated scene models. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation. IEEE, Anchorage (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Vasudevan, S., Gächter, S., Nguyen, V., Siegwart, R.: Cognitive maps for mobile robots – an object based approach 55, 359–371 (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.Ziegler, L., Siepmann, F., Kortkamp, M., Wachsmuth, S.: Towards an informed search behavior for domestic robots. In: SIMPAR 2010 Workshop on Domestic Service Robots in the Real World (2010)Google Scholar