Proposal of Non-dimensional Parameter Indices to Evaluate Safe Driving Behavior
Our previous study proposed Deceleration for Collision Avoidance (DCA) as an new index for use when evaluating collision risk against forward obstacles. The present manuscript proposes four non-dimensional parameter indices which are based mainly on the DCA, in order to provide quantitative assessment of safe driving behavior. Numerical simulations are performed to verify validity of the proposed indices.
Keywordssafe driving evaluation system deceleration for collision avoidance driving behavior
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hiraoka, T., Tanaka, M., Kumamoto, H., Izumi, T., Hatanaka, K.: Collision risk evaluation index based on deceleration for collision avoidance (first report) Proposal of a new index to evaluate collision risk against forward obstacles. Review of Automotive Engineering 30(4), 429–437 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Takada, S., Hiraoka, T., Kawakami, H.: Forward obstacles collision warning system based on deceleration for collision avoidance. In: Proc. of SICE Annual Conference 2011, pp. 184–191 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Takada, S., Hiraoka, T., Kawakami, H.: Effect of forward obstacles collision warning system based on deceleration for collision avoidance on driving behavior. In: Proc. of 19th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems (2012) (CD-ROM)Google Scholar
- 4.Wilde, G.J.S.: Target Risk 2 A new psychology of safety and health. PDE Publications (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Hiraoka, T., Masui, J., Nishikawa, S.: Behavioral adaptation to advanced driver-assistance systems. In: Proc. of SICE Annual Conference 2010, pp. 930–935 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Kitajima, S., Marumo, Y., Hiraoka, T., Itoh, M.: Comparison of evaluation indices concerning estimation of driver’s risk perception, risk perception of rear-end collision to a preceding vehicle. Review of Automotive Engineering 30(2), 191–198 (2009)Google Scholar