An Intelligent Interactive Home Care System: An MPLS-Based Community Cloud
In recent years, scholarly research on the use of new technology in healthcare has intensified. Some of the main challenges identified in the literature include the integration of dissimilar signaling systems, network barriers such as bandwidth allocation, battery life in wireless devices, the security and privacy protection associated with data transmission using public network and the user friendliness of the systems, among others. The aim of this paper is to address some of the above concerns by introducing a secure, multiplatform network system capable of providing the dynamic bandwidth allocation required for today’s home healthcare services. It incorporates a user friendly interface by introducing a unique instrument integrated with the community cloud arrangement to provide a more robust system to address the needs of multiple stakeholders.
KeywordsCloud Computing MPLS ICT RFID Virtualization Smart Sensors Network Capable Application Processor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foster, I., Zhao, Y., Raicu, I., Lu, S.: Cloud Computing and Grid Computing 360-Degree Compared. In: IEEE Grid Computing Environments (GCE 2008), pp. 1–10 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang, Z., Zhang, X.: Realization of Open cloud Computing Federation Based on Mobile Agent. In: 2009 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Intelligent Systems, pp. 642–646 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Mell, P., Grance, T.: The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing (2009), http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/upload/cloud-def-v15.pdf
- 4.Yan, S., An, G.H.: Software Engineering Meets Services and Cloud Computing. IEEE Computer Society (October 2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Gong, C., Liu, J., Zhang, Q., Chen, H., Gong, Z.: The Characteristics of Cloud Computing. In: IEEE 39th International Conference on Parallel Processing Workshops, pp. 275–279 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Coyte, C.P., McKeever, P.: Home Care in Canada: Passing the Buck. Canadian Journal of Nursing Research 33(2), 11–25 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Tarricone, R., Tsouros, D.A.: Home Care in Europe. The World Health Organization Publication, Milan (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.NIST, Brief Description of the Family of IEEE 1451 Standards (2009), http://www.nist.gov/el/isd/ieee/1451family.cfm; See also: IEEE 1451 Family of Smart Transducer Interface Standards, http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1451/0/body%20frame_files/Family-of-1451_handout.htm
- 14.Josyula, V., Orr, M., Page, G.: Cloud Computing: Automating the Virtualized Data Center. Cisco Press, Indianapolis (2012)Google Scholar