Building Correct by Construction SOA Design Patterns: Modeling and Refinement
Modeling SOA design patterns with a standard formal notation avoids misunderstanding by software architects and helps endow design methods with refinement approaches for mastering system architectures complexity. In this paper, we propose a formal architecture-centric approach that aims to model message-oriented SOA design patterns with the SoaML standard language. Pattern models are developed in a stepwise manner which are then automatically translated into Event-B specifications that can be proved using the Rodin theorem prover. These two steps are performed before undertaking the effective coding of a design pattern providing correct by construction solutions. Our approach is experimented through pattern examples.
KeywordsDesign patterns SoaML modeling Event-B method Pattern transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Blazy, S., Gervais, F., Laleau, R.: Reuse of specification patterns with the B method. CoRR, abs/cs/0610097 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Dong, J., Alencar, P.S.C., Cowan, D.D.: A behavioral analysis and verification approach to pattern-based design composition. Software and System Modeling, 262–272 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Erl, T.: SOA Design Patterns, 1st edn. The Prentice Hall Service-Oriented Computing Series from Thomas Erl. Prentice Hall PTR (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Gamma, E., Helm, R., Johnson, R.E., Vlissides, J.: Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Hohpe, G., Woolf, B.: Enterprise Integration Patterns - Designing, Building, and Deploying Messaging Solutions. Addison-Wesley (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Mapelsden, D., Hosking, J., Grundy, J.: Design pattern modelling and instantiation using DPML. In: 40th International Conference on Tools Pacific: Objects for Internet, Mobile and Embedded Applications, CRPIT 2002, pp. 3–11. Australian Computer Society, Inc. (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.OMG: Service oriented architecture Modeling Language (SoaML) Specification. Technical report (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Tounsi, I., Hrichi, Z., Hadj Kacem, M., Hadj Kacem, A., Drira, K.: Using SoaML Models and Event-B Specifications for Modeling SOA Design Patterns. In: 15th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, ICEIS 2013 (to appear, 2013)Google Scholar