Constrained Multi-objective Biogeography Optimization Algorithm for Robot Path Planning
Constrained multi-objective optimization involves multiple objectives subjected to some equality or inequality constraints so that it may require search a set of non-dominated feasible solutions. Inspired from this, in this paper, a novel constrained multi-objective biogeography optimization algorithm is proposed and used for solving robot path planning problem since it can be defined as a constrained multi-objective optimization problem. Experimental results compared with Non-dominated Sorting Genetic AlgorithmII show that the proposed algorithm has better performance.
Keywordsconstrained multi-objective optimization differential evolution biogeography-based optimization robot path planning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hu, J., Zhu, Q.B.: Multi-objective Mobile Robot Path Planning Based on Improved Genetic Algorithm. In: International Conference on Intelligent Computation Technology and Automation, pp. 752–756. IEEE Computer Society, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Cai, Z.H., Gong, W.Y., Charles, X.L.: Research on a Novel Biogeography-based Optimization Algorithm Based on Evolutionary Programming. System Engineering- Theory & Practice 30(6), 1106–1112 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Simon, D., Ergezer, M., Du, D.W.: Population distributions in biogeography-based optimization algorithms with elitism. In: IEEE Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, San Antonio, TX USA, pp. 1017–1022 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, Y., Zhu, Q.B.: Path planning for mobile robot based on binary particle swarm optimization. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Engineering and Technology Edition) 9(2), 72–78 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Knowles, J.D., Thiele, L.: Zitzler. E.: A Tutorial on the Performance Assessment of Stochastic Multiobjective Optimizers. Technical Report TIK-Report No. 214, ETH Zurich: Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory (2005)Google Scholar