Simple Matrix Scheme for Encryption
There are several attempts to build asymmetric pubic key encryption schemes based on multivariate polynomials of degree two over a finite field. However, most of them are insecure. The common defect in many of them comes from the fact that certain quadratic forms associated with their central maps have low rank, which makes them vulnerable to the MinRank attack. We propose a new simple and efficient multivariate pubic key encryption scheme based on matrix multiplication, which does not have such a low rank property. The new scheme will be called Simple Matrix Scheme or ABC in short. We also propose some parameters for practical and secure implementation.
KeywordsMultivariate Public Key Cryptosystem Simple Matrix Scheme MinRank Attack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Ding, J., Gower, J., Schmidt, D.: Multivariate Public Key Cryptography. Advances in Information Security series. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Lidl, R., Niederreiter, H.: Finite Fields. Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its applications, vol. 20. Cambridge University PressGoogle Scholar
- 15.Moh, T.T.: A fast public key system with signature and master key functions. In: Proceedings of CrypTEC 1999, International Workshop on Cryptographic Techniques and E-Commerce, pp. 63–69. Hong-Kong City University Press (July 1999), http://www.usdsi.com/cryptec.ps
- 17.Patarin, J.: The Oil and Vinegar Signature Scheme. Presented at the Dagstuhl Workshop on Cryptography (September 1997) (transparencies)Google Scholar
- 18.Patarin, J.: Cryptoanalysis of the Matsumoto and Imai public key scheme of Eurocrypt’88. In: Coppersmith, D. (ed.) CRYPTO 1995. LNCS, vol. 963, pp. 248–261. Springer, Heidelberg (1995)Google Scholar
- 20.Rivest, R., Shamir, A., Adleman, L.M.: A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems. Communications of the ACM 21(2), 120–126Google Scholar
- 24.Thomae, E.: A Generalization of the Rainbow Band Separation Attack and its Applications to Multivariate Schemes. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive (2012)Google Scholar
- 25.Buchmann, J.A., Ding, J., Mohamed, M.S.E., et al.: MutantXL: Solving multivariate polynomial equations for cryptanalysis. Symmetric Cryptography, 09031 (2009)Google Scholar