From Z to B and then Event-B: Assigning Proofs to Meaningful Programs
The very first paper on Z  was published in 1980 (at the time, the name Z was not “invented”), then the book on the B method  was published in 1996, and, finally, the book on Event-B  was published in 2010. So, 30 years separate Z from Event-B. It is thus clear that I spent a significant time of my scientific professional life working with the same kind of subject in mind, roughly speaking specification languages. I do not know whether this kind of addiction is good or bad, but what I know is that I enjoyed it a lot.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abrial, J.-R., Schuman, S.A., Meyer, B.: Specification Language. On the Construction of Programs (1980)Google Scholar
- 2.Abrial, J.-R.: The B-book: assigning programs to meanings. Cambridge University Press (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Abrial, J.-R.: Modeling in Event-B: System and Software Engineering. Cambridge University Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Abrial, J.-R., Su, W., Zhu, H.: Formalizing Hybrid Systems with Event-B. ABZ (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Back, R.J., Kurki-Suonio, R.: Distributed Cooperation with Action Systems. ACM Transaction on Programming Languages and Systems (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Back, R.J.: A Calculus of Refinements for Program Derivations. Acta Informatica (1988)Google Scholar
- 8.Hoare, C.A.R.: An Axiomatic Basis for Computer Programming. CACM (1969)Google Scholar
- 9.Hoare, C.A.R.: Proof of Correctness of Data Representations. Acta Informatica (1972)Google Scholar
- 10.Jones, C.B.: Software Development: A Rigorous Approach. Prentice Hall International (1980)Google Scholar
- 11.Morgan, C.C.: Programming from specifications. Prentice Hall International (1990)Google Scholar
- 12.Bourbaki, N.: Théorie des Ensembles. Hermann (1970)Google Scholar
- 13.Maamria, I.: Towards a Practically Extensible Event-B Methodology. PhD Thesis. The University of Southampton (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Banach, R., Zhu, H., Su, W., Wu, X.: Continuous Behaviour in Event-B: A Sketch. ABZ (2012)Google Scholar