WE-DECIDE: A Decision Support Environment for Groups of Users
Group recommendation technologies are becoming increasingly popular for supporting group decision processes in various domains such as interactive television, music, and tourist destinations. Existing group recommendation environments are focusing on specific domains and do not include the possibility of supporting different kinds of decision scenarios. The We-Decide group decision support environment advances the state of the art by supporting different decision scenarios in a domain-independent fashion. In this paper we give an overview of the We-Decide environment and report the results of a first user study which focused on system usability and potentials for further applications.
KeywordsGroup recommendation group decision making decision technologies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Felfernig, A., Gula, B., Teppan, E.: Knowledge-based Recommender Technologies for Marketing and Sales. International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence (IJPRAI) 21(2), 1–22 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Masthoff, J.: Group Recommender Systems: Combining Individual Models. In: Recommender Systems Handbook, pp. 677–702 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Chesbrough, H.: Open Innovation. The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology. Havard Business School Publishing (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Jameson, A., Baldes, S., Kleinbauer, T.: Two methods for enhancing mutual awareness in a group recommender system. In: ACM Intl. Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces, Gallipoli, Italy, pp. 48–54 (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.McCarthy, K., Salamo, M., Coyle, L., McGinty, L., Smyth, B., Nixon, P.: Group recommender systems: a critiquing based approach. In: 2006 International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI 2006), pp. 282–284. ACM, Sydney (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Rodriguez, M., Steinbock, D., Watkins, J., Gershenson, C., Bollen, J., Grey, V., de Graf, B.: Smartocracy: Social networks for collective decision making. In: HICSS 2007, p. 90. IEEE, Waikoloa (2007)Google Scholar