Model-Checking Bounded Multi-Pushdown Systems
We provide complexity characterizations of model checking multi-pushdown systems. We consider three standard notions for boundedness: context boundedness, phase boundedness and stack ordering. The logical formalism is a linear-time temporal logic extending well-known logic CaRet but dedicated to multi-pushdown systems in which abstract operators are parameterized by stacks. We show that the problem is ExpTime-complete for context-bounded runs and unary encoding of the number of context switches; we also prove that the problem is 2ExpTime-complete for phase-bounded runs and unary encoding of the number of phase switches. In both cases, the value k is given as an input, which makes a substantial difference in the complexity.
KeywordsModel Check Global State Context Switch Multithreaded Program Regularity Constraint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Atig, M.: Global model checking of ordered multi-pushdown systems. In: FST&TCS 2010. LIPICS, pp. 216–227 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Bansal, K., Demri, S.: A note on the complexity of model-checking bounded multi-pushdown systems. Technical Report TR2012-949, NYU (December 2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Bollig, B., Kuske, D., Mennicke, R.: The complexity of model-checking multi-stack systems (2012) (submitted)Google Scholar
- 10.Esparza, J., Ganty, P.: Complexity of pattern-based verification for multithreaded programs. In: POPL 2011, pp. 499–510. ACM (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.La Torre, S., Madhusudan, P., Parlato, G.: A robust class of context-sensitive languages. In: LICS 2007, pp. 161–170. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.La Torre, S., Parlato, G.: Scope-bounded multistack pushdown systems: fixed-point, sequentialization and tree-width. In: FSTTCS 2012. LIPICS, pp. 173–184 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Madhusudan, P., Parlato, G.: The tree width of auxiliary storage. In: POPL 2011, pp. 283–294. ACM (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Schwoon, S.: Model-checking pushdown systems. PhD thesis, TUM (2002)Google Scholar