Using Semantic Web to Enhance User Understandability for Online Shopping License Agreement
Normally, a common user sign license agreement without understanding the agreement. License agreements are a form of information, which describes product’s usage and its terms and conditions. Habitually, users agree with it but without understanding. In the today’s information age, there is no integration of license agreements with any current technology. The contents of license agreements are out of scope for search engines. Management of license agreements using Semantic Web is a multi-disciplinary challenge, involving categorization of common features and structuring the required information in such semantics that is easily extendable and fulfilling the requirements of common user.
In this paper construction of Semantic Web model for Online Shopping license agreement is discussed. The user requirements facilitate the construction of License Ontological model. Moreover, rules are used to capture the complex statements of “terms and conditions”. Finally, an explicit semantic model for agreements is constructed that facilitates users’ queries.
KeywordsLicense Agreements Semantic Web License Ontological Model Digital License Agreement
- 1.Alliance, B.S.: Why a License matters? (2012), http://ww2.bsa.org/country/Anti-Piracy/WhyaLicenseMatters.aspx
- 2.Welte, H.: About the gpl-violations.org project (2010), http://www.gpl-violations.org/
- 3.BSA. About BSA & Members (2012), http://ww2.bsa.org/country/BSAandMembers.aspx
- 4.Microsoft. Genuine Windows: FAQ (2012), http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/genuine/faq
- 5.Asfandeyar, M., Anjomshoaa, A., Weippl, E.R., Tjoa, A.M.: Exploiting ontology for software license agreements. International Journal of Software and Informatics (IJSI) 4, 89–100 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Services, A.W. AWS Customer Agreement (2012), http://aws.amazon.com/de/agreement/
- 7.eBay. Your User Agreement (2012), http://pages.ebay.ie/help/policies/user-agreement.html
- 8.Post, E.T. License Agreement-eBay Trading Post (2012), http://pages.ebay.ie/tradingassistants/license-agreement.html
- 9.Nadah, N., Rosnay, M.D., Bachimont, B.: License Digital Content With a Generic Ontology Escaping From The Jungle of Rights Expression Languages. In: International Conference on Hybrid Information Technology, pp. 65–69. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Anjomshoaa, A., Tjoa, A Min: How the Cloud Computing Paradigm Could Shape the Future of Enterprise Information Processing. In: Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications Services (iiWAS). IEEE, Ho Chi Minh City (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Jaeger Paul, T., Lin, J., Justin, M.G., Shannon, N.S.: Where is the cloud? Geography, economics, environment and jurisdiction in cloud computing. 1st Monday, Peer Reviewed Journal on the Internet 14(5) (2009)Google Scholar