Mining Multidimensional Frequent Patterns from Relational Database
Mining frequent patterns focus on discover the set of items which were frequently purchased together, which is an important data mining task and has broad applications. However, traditional frequent pattern mining does not consider the characteristics of the customers, such that the frequent patterns for some specific customer groups cannot be found. Multidimensional frequent pattern mining can find the frequent patterns according to the characteristics of the customer. Therefore, we can promote or recommend the products to a customer according to the characteristics of the customer. However, the characteristics of the customers may be the continuous data, but frequent pattern mining only can process categorical data. This paper proposes an efficient approach for mining multidimensional frequent pattern, which combines the clustering algorithm to automatically discretize numerical-type attributes without experts.
KeywordsData Mining Clustering Discretization Multidimensional Frequent Pattern
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R., et al.: Fast Algorithm for Mining Association Rules. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, pp. 487–499 (1994)Google Scholar
- 2.Chiang, J., Wu, C.C.: Mining multi-dimensional association rules in multiple database segmentation. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Information Management (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Frawley, W., Piatetsky-Shapiro, G., Matheus, C.: Knowledge Discovery in Databases: An Overview. AI Magazine, 213–228 (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Lee, Y.S., Yen, S.J., Lin, S.S., Liu, Y.C.: Integrating Multidimensional Association Rule Mining into Classification. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Informatics, Cybernetics, and Systems, pp. 831–836 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Xu, W., Wang, R.: A Novel Algorithm of Mining Multidimensional Association Rules. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Computing, pp. 771–777 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Yen, S.J., Chen, A.L.P.: An Efficient Approach to Discovering Knowledge from Large Databases. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Information Systems, pp. 8–18 (1996)Google Scholar
- 12.Yen, S.J., Wang, C.K., Ouyang, L.Y.: A Search Space Algorithm for Mining Frequent Patterns. Journal of Information Science and Engineering (JISE): Special Issue on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence 28(1), 177–191 (2012)Google Scholar