Сomputational Simulation of the Light Propagation Process through Nonlinear Media
It is known that intensity-dependent phase changes (by temporal self-action effects) and intensity changes (by spatial self-action effects) distort the wavefront of light as it propagates through the medium , therefore one can not propagate images directly through a nonlinear medium  (indirect methods can be used, but they do not allow to measure internal light wave mixing or its dynamics).
KeywordsLight Propagation Computational Simulation Nonlinear Medium Nonlinear Refractive Index Phase Retrieval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, G.P.: Nonlinear Fiber Optics, 630 p. Academic Press, Amsterdam (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Schnars, U., Jüptner, W.P.O.: Digital recording and numerical reconstruction of holo-grams. J. Meas. Sci. Technol. 13, R85–R101 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Puida, M., Ivanauskas, F.: Light beam phase retrieval in nonlinear media: a computer simulation. Liet. Matem. Rink. 45, 504–508 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Dylov, D., Waller, L., Fleischer, J.: Instability-driven recovery of diffused images. Optics Letters 36(18) (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Nalegaev, S.S., Petrov, N.V., Bespalov, V.G.: Iteration methods of phase problem solving in optics and their peculiarity. Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics 6(82), 30–35 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Goy, A., Psaltis, D.: Digital reverse propagation in focusing Kerr media. Phys. Rev. A83, 031802(R), 031802-1 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Goodman, J.W.: Introduction to Fourier Optics, 3rd edn., 491 p. Roberts and Company Publishers (2005)Google Scholar