The Process Documentation Cube: A Model for Process Documentation Assessment
This paper presents a model for organizing and assessing business process documentation with the aim of identifying gaps and inconsistencies. The proposed model – namely the Process Documentation Cube (PDC) – has been tested in six public sector organizations in Estonia – three of them with years of process modeling engagement and three others in early stages of process modeling adoption. In the organizations where process modeling is already well established, the PDC allowed the relevant stakeholders to identify gaps in their documentation and directions for improving the integration between process models and other documentation. In the remaining organizations, the PDC was perceived as a useful tool for planning process documentation efforts.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Pinggera, J., Porcham, T., Zugal. S., Weber, B.: LiProMo-Literate Process Modeling. In: Proceedings of the CAiSE 2012 Forum, Gdansk, Poland. Springer (to appear, June 2012) Google Scholar
- 7.Spanyi, A.: Business Process Management Governance. In: Handbook on Business Process Management, vol. 2, pp. 223–238. Springer (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Harmon, P.: Business Process Change: A Guide for Business Managers and BPM and Six Sigma Professionals. Morgan Kaufmann (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Hevner, A.R., March, S.T., Park, J., Ram, S.: Design Science in Information Systems Research. MIS Quarterly 28(1), 75–105 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Supply-Chain Council. Supply Chain Operations Reference Model Version 10 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Dalberg, V., Jensen, S., Krogstie, J.: Increasing the Value of Process Modelling and Models. In: Proceedings of the Norwegian Conference on the Use of IT in Organizations, NOKOBIT (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Eikebrokk, T.R., et al.: Exploring Process-Modelling Practice: Towards a Conceptual Model. In: Proceedings of the 41st Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), pp. 376–376. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar