The Europeana Linked Open Data Pilot Server
The Linked Data is a set of principles and technologies providing a publishing paradigm for sharing and reusing RDF data on the Web. The Linked Data Cloud is expanding at a very high speed since 2007, when the Linked Data Project was launched. Europeana, the European Digital Library, subscribes to the view of a web of data, and the distribution of cultural heritage data is one of the main objectives established by the Europeana Strategic Plan. The paper illustrates how Europeana publishes Linked Data, with focus on the technological approach adopted.
KeywordsLinked Data Linked Data Server Europeana
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Heath, T., Bizer, C.: Linked Data: Evolving the Web into a Global Data Space. Morgan & Claypol Publishers (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Haslhofer, B., Isaac, A.: data.europeana.eu: The Europeana Linked Open Data Pilot. In: DCMI Meetings and Conferences, DC 2011, The Hague (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Berners-Lee, T., Hendler, J., Lassila, O.: The Semantic Web. Scientific American Magazine (May 17, 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Berners-Lee, T.: Linked Data - Design Issues (2006), http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html
- 5.RFC 2616 – Hypertext Transfer Protocol – HTTP/1.1 – (Section 12: Content Negotiation) Google Scholar
- 6.Sauermann, L., Cyganiak, R.: Cool uris for the semantic web - w3c interest group note (2008), http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/
- 7.Gradmann, S.: Knowledge = Information in Context: on the Importance of Semantic Contextualiation in Europeana. Technical report, Berlin School of Library and Information Science, Humbold University (April 2010), http://www.scribd.com/doc/32110457/Europeana-White-Paper-1 (retrieved April 30, 2011)
- 8.Haslhofer, B., Roochi, E.M., Schandl, B., Zander, S.: Europeana RDF Store Report. Technical report, University of Vienna (retrieved April 30, 2011), http://eprints.cs.univie.ac.at/2833/