GPS Estimation from Users’ Photos
Nowadays social media are very popular for people to share their photos with their friends. Many of the photos are geo-tagged (with GPS information) whether automatically or manually. Social media management websites such as Flickr allow users manually labeling their uploaded photos with GPS with the interface of dragging them into the map. However, manually dragging the photos to the map will bring more error and very boring for users to labeling their photos. Thus in this paper, a GPS location estimation approach is proposed. For an uploaded image, its GPS information is estimated by both hierarchical global feature classification and local feature refinement to guarantee the accuracy and computational cost. To guarantee the estimation performances, k-nearest neighbors are selected in global feature classification stage. Experiments show the effectiveness of our proposed approach.
KeywordsGPS Estimation K-NN Hierarchical Structure BoW Geo-tag
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hays, J., Efros, A.A.: IM2GPS: estimating geographic information from a single image. In: CVPR (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Qian, X., Liu, G., Guo, D., Li, Z., Wang, Z., Wang, H.: Object Categorization using Hierarchical Wavelet Packet Texture Descriptors. In: Proc. ISM, pp. 44–51 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Kennedy, L., Naaman, M.: Generating diverse and representative image search results for landmarks. In: WWW 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Chum, O., Philbin, J., Sivic, J., Isard, M., Zisserman, A.: Total recall: Automatic query expansion with a generative feature model for object retrieval. In: Proc. ICCV (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhou, W., Lu, Y., Li, H., Song, Y., Tian, Q.: Spatial Coding for Large Scale Partial-Duplicate Web Image Search. In: MM 2010, Firenze, Italy, October 25-29 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Xue, Y., Qian, X.: Visual Summarization of Landmarks via Viewpoint Modeling. In: Proc. ICIP 2012, pp. 2873–2876 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Qian, X., Liu, X., Zheng, C., Du, Y.: Tagging Photos Using Users’ Vocabularies. NeurocomputingGoogle Scholar