Demonstration of a Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) Communication Network Featuring Heterogeneous Sensors and Delay Tolerant Network Capabilities
The development of applications based over vehicular networks, such as road safety, environmental information etc. require a complete testbed platform for research and evaluation. Such a platform will be provided by NITOS testbed, that will include nodes mounted on cars and fixed nodes of the testbed operating as road side units (RSU). Besides the wireless infrastructure, there will be several sensors regarding the environmental conditions and the vehicle. These will gather measurements about air conditions and GPS data such as position and speed and will be collected in a central database, where the experimenter will be able to depict them in a Google map.
KeywordsVehicular Network Delay Tolerant Network 802.11p Sensors Testbed NITOS NITlab Wireless
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.NITos testbed, http://nitlab.inf.uth.gr
- 2.OML project portal, http://omf.mytestbed.net/projects/oml/wiki
- 3.OML proxy server, http://omf.mytestbed.net/projects/oml/wiki/Proxy_Server
- 4.sqlite3 database, http://www.sqlite.org/
- 5.Arduino Uno board, http://arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardUno
- 6.OMF project portal, http://omf.mytestbed.net/