On Approximative Reachability Analysis of Biochemical Dynamical Systems
This is an extended version of the workshop paper , in which a new computational technique called quantitative discrete approximation has been introduced. The technique provides finite discrete approximation of continuous dynamical systems which is suitable especially for a significant class of biochemical dynamical systems. With decreasing granularity the approximation of behaviour between a discrete state and its successor converges to the behaviour of the original continuous system in the respective part of the phase space.
This paper provides a detailed description of the method and algorithms solving the reachability problem in biochemical dynamical systems. The method is supplemented with heuristics for reducing the cardinality of the reachable state space. The algorithms are evaluated on six models (with numbers of variables ranging from 2 to 12).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brim, L., Fabriková, J., Drazan, S., Safránek, D.: Reachability in biochemical dynamical systems by quantitative discrete approximation (extended abstract). In: Comp. Mod., pp. 97–112 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Tyson, J., et al.: Chemical kinetic theory: understanding cell-cycle regulation. Trends in Biochemical Sciences 21, 89–96 (1996)Google Scholar
- 11.Monteiro, P.T., et al.: Temporal logic patterns for querying qualitative models of genetic regulatory networks. In: ECAI. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, vol. 178, pp. 229–233. IOS Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Barnat, J., et al.: Computational Analysis of Large-Scale Multi-Affine ODE Models. In: 2009 International Workshop on High Performance Computational Systems Biology (HiBi 2009), pp. 81–90. IEEE Computer Society Press (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Asarin, E., et al.: Recent progress in continuous and hybrid reachability analysis. In: IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, Computer Aided Control System Design, pp. 1582–1587 (2006)Google Scholar
- 26.Brim, L., Fabrikova, J., Drazan, S., Safranek, D.: Reachability in biochemical dynamical systems by quantitative discrete approximation. Technical report (2011), arXiv:1107.5924v1, CoRR.csSYGoogle Scholar