Fuzzy Semantic Plagiarism Detection
This paper introduces a plagiarism detection scheme based on a Fuzzy Inference System and Semantic Role Labeling (FIS-SRL). The proposed technique analyses and compares text based on a semantic allocation for each term inside the sentence. SRL offers significant advantages when generating arguments for each sentence semantically. Voting for each argument generated by the FIS in order to select important arguments is also another feature of the proposed method. It has been concluded that not all arguments in the text affect the plagiarism detection process. Therefore, only the most important arguments were selected by the FIS, and the results have been used in the similarity calculation process. Experimental tests have been applied on the PAN-PC-09 data set and the results shows that the proposed method exhibits a better performance than the available recent methods of plagiarism detection, in terms of Recall, Precision and F-measure.
KeywordsPlagiarism Detection Semantic Similarity Semantic Role Fuzzy Inference System Rule Reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Suanmali, L., Salim, N., Binwahlan, M.S.: Automatic Text Summarization Using Feature-Based Fuzzy Extraction. Jurnal Teknologi Maklumat 2(1), 105–155 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Antonio, S., Leong, H.V., Rynson, W.H.L.: CHECK: a document plagiarism detection system. In: Proceedings of the 1997 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pp. 70–77. ACM, San Jose (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Kriszti, et al.: Document overlap detection system for distributed digital libraries. In: Proceedings of the Fifth ACM Conference on Digital Libraries, pp. 226–227. ACM, San Antonio (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Alzahrani, S., Salim, N.: Fuzzy Semantic-Based String Similarity for Extrinsic Plagiarism Detection. In: CLEF (Notebook Papers/LABs/Workshops) (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Kent, C., Salim, N.: Web Based Cross Language Plagiarism Detection. In: Second International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation, pp. 199–204 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Ibrahim, A.M.: Fuzzy logic for embedded systems applications. Newnes (2004)Google Scholar
- 11.Mogharreban, N., Dilalla, L.F.: Comparison of Defuzzification Techniques for Analysis of Non-interval Data. In: Annual Meeting of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society, NAFIPS 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Suanmali, L., Binwahlan, M.S., Salim, N.: Sentence features fusion for text summarization using fuzzy logic. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.Osman, A.H., et al.: Conceptual Similarity and Graph-Based Method for Plagiarism Detection. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 32(2), 135–145 (2011)Google Scholar